I’m setting up at Maker Faire with Robot Garden (a new robotics hackerspace and accelerator) and hope you’ll all come see Robot Garden @ iGate in Booth #2675 in Expo Hall. We might not be able to report back cause we’re giving presentations and having a booth and trying to look around ourselves but this is an event full of fantastic things. Not only are there some great new fab tools like ShopBot’s new Handibot and Otherfab’s newOthermill and Robot Garden’s own 3d plastic recycler OmNom, but there are robots everywhere!
Some of the great robots & roboticists to see:
- New Arduino robot
- Carol Reiley – Tinkerbelle Labs
- DJ Sures – EZ-Robot
- Christian Ristow – robot artist
- Drone Games
- Drone Dudes – Octocopter
- Chris Anderson – 3D Robotics
- Homebrew Robotics Club
- inside Robot Combat League
- Electric Vehicle Entrepreneurs
- Stanley Jr
- Dave Shinsel – 80lb humanoid
- NorCal Mars Rover
- Erin Kennedy – Robogrrl’s Creatures
- David Lang & Eric Stackpole – Open ROV
- Open Source Hardware Foundation
- MATE underwater robots
- Modular tread robot
- Gertie the jumping robot
- The Electric Giraffe
- Nano Quadcopters
- Human size robot showdown
- Hand of Man
- Walking Pod
- Aeroquad – open source project
- Creepy Crawly Robots
- Fred the Dalek
At this point, I have to stop! But there are still more robots and heaps more interesting circuit, arduino, sensing, computing, wearable, combustible, fungible, tangible, disgustible, combatable, and just totally creative things here.
what are your favorites Andra?
I’m sure I missed some but think Barobo, Fellow Robotics, OpenROV, IOIO and EZ-Robot are great. And the new Arduino Robot.